Helen, Georgia: Alps of the South - German Village
Southern Appalachian town transformed itself in the late 1960s into a little mountain village in Germany, "Georgia's Alpine Village."
Visitor Tips and News About Alps of the South - German Village
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
German Village Recreation
This little town is a recreation of a German Village. Very touristy, of course, but the best, and only, German tourist trap in America. There are 3 or 4 German bars with good imported German beer, and equal number of German restaurants (some better than others). And countless souvenir shops with all kinds of fake German trinkets (made in China). But it is fun. A great day trip, or a short weekend trip. [Bill Gardiner, 10/16/2013]
December 6, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Hands of Dr. Sid, Marietta, Georgia
- Huge Safety Sawhorse, Tucker, Georgia
- Eisenhower Interstate Highway Fountain, Tifton, Georgia
- Tree Spirits of St. Simons Island, St. Simons Island, Georgia
- Crime and Punishment Museum, Ashburn, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Castle Halloween Museum, Altoona, Pennsylvania
- Film Strip USA Monument, Culver City, California
- San Francisco Dungeon, San Francisco, California
- Feature: Samurai Sword of Pilot Who Bombed Oregon, Brookings, Oregon
- Hole N' The Rock And The Stuffed Donkey, Moab, Utah