Helen, Georgia: Alps of the South - German Village
Southern Appalachian town transformed itself in the late 1960s into a little mountain village in Germany, "Georgia's Alpine Village."
Visitor Tips and News About Alps of the South - German Village
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
German Village Recreation
This little town is a recreation of a German Village. Very touristy, of course, but the best, and only, German tourist trap in America. There are 3 or 4 German bars with good imported German beer, and equal number of German restaurants (some better than others). And countless souvenir shops with all kinds of fake German trinkets (made in China). But it is fun. A great day trip, or a short weekend trip. [Bill Gardiner, 10/16/2013]
April 26, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Forrest Gump's Bench, Savannah, Georgia
- Pagan Storyteller: Buckman, Atlanta, Georgia
- Fire Ant Statue, Ashburn, Georgia
- Lovers Oak, Brunswick, Georgia
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cannonball in a Church Wall, Greeneville, Tennessee
- Rowdy the Roadrunner, San Antonio, Texas
- Der Rheinlander German-Themed Restaurant, Portland, Oregon
- Stainless Steel Drowned Lifeguard, Newport Beach, California
- Monk's Cafe from Seinfeld, New York, New York