Deerwood, Minnesota: Big Leaping Deer
The biggest thing in this tiny town is its fiberglass statue of a leaping, antlered buck.
- Hwy 6, Deerwood, MN
- On the south side of Hwy 6/E. Front St., just east of Hwy 6/Archibald Rd.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Big Leaping Deer
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The town of Deerwood decorates the deer a couple times per year. My favorite is when the deer is dressed in a giant blaze orange coat and hat for deer hunting season in November. At Christmas, the deer becomes a giant Rudolph with a big red lighted nose.
Deerwood, Minnesota, pop. 567 and one huge ass deer.
[Peter Stromquist, 06/16/2002]
Large Leapin' Deer
Large Deer Jumping over a log about 15'high 20'long There is another deer like this one outside Park Rapids, Minnesota
[Shane Delaney, 07/15/2001]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Serpent Lake Serpent Statue, Crosby, MN - 3 mi.
- Fish House Parade, Aitkin, MN - 10 mi.
- Babe the Blue Ox, Brainerd, MN - 10 mi.
- In the region: Horse, Cow, Wagon, and Helicopter, Pillager, MN - 30 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 22, 2014
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Bunyan's Adirondack Chair, But No Tin Man, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Stick Your Head in the Lion Mouth, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Wild Thing Hay Bales, Brainerd, Minnesota
- The Hairy Mosquito, Milaca, Minnesota
- Brick Head, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips