Owosso, Michigan: Curwood Castle
3-story castle, modeled as an idealized Norman chateau when built in 1922. The tower was the writing studio of pulpy outdoor adventure novelist James Oliver Curwood.
- 226 Curwood Castle Dr., Owosso, MI
- Along the Shiawassee River, downtown Owosso near the corner of M-52 (N. Shiawassee St) and Main St.
- 1-5 p.m. daily except M. (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Curwood Castle
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cool little castle. Much smaller than I thought, but worth the $2.00 admission.
[Erin DeShano, 11/24/2011]
The writing studio of James Oliver Curwood was built it in 1922. There's a nice park there, the Shiawassee Arts Center (free gallery), and a log cabin.
[Wendy H, 11/07/2011]
Curwood Castle, Curwood Days
Owosso is the home of Curwood Castle, made by James Oliver Curwood, author. He wrote the book that was turned into the movie released many years ago called "The Bear." The castle is 3 stories high and is on the Shiawassee River. It's worth checking out. The castle is directly behind the Junior High School, across the river. Curwood is the theme for our town's yearly festival, "Curwood Days."
[Sandra Steiner, 07/12/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 24, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Statue of Pope John Paul II, Hamtramck, Michigan
- World's Oldest and Least Flattering McKinley Statue, Muskegon, Michigan
- Old Mission Lighthouse Rock Cairns, Traverse City, Michigan
- Wienerlicious Giant Hot Dog, Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Glass-Bottom Pull-it-Yourself Raft, Manistique, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips