Glen Rose, Texas: Petrified Wood Speakeasy Ruins
Skeletal brick and petrified wood wall remains of a Prohibition era speak-easy (though it had a longer career as a gas station) locally called "Sycamore Grove." Glen Rose was promoted as the "Petrified City" after a 1920s boom in petrified wood construction.
Visitor Tips and News About Petrified Wood Speakeasy Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Sycamore Grove - Petrified Wood Speakeasy
Old speak-easy constructed of petrified wood. Located near Hwy 144 & US 67 & Van Zandt Rd. N [Dave Moser, 01/20/2014]
March 25, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Bat Tornado at Dusk, Fredericksburg, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Eiffel Tower With Big Cowboy Hat, Paris, Texas
- American Freedom Museum, Bullard, Texas
- Paisano Pete, Fort Stockton, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia
- Manis Mastodon, Sequim, Washington