Glen Rose, Texas: Petrified Wood Speakeasy Ruins
Skeletal brick and petrified wood wall remains of a Prohibition era speak-easy (though it had a longer career as a gas station) locally called "Sycamore Grove." Glen Rose was promoted as the "Petrified City" after a 1920s boom in petrified wood construction.
Visitor Tips and News About Petrified Wood Speakeasy Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Sycamore Grove - Petrified Wood Speakeasy
Old speak-easy constructed of petrified wood. Located near Hwy 144 & US 67 & Van Zandt Rd. N [Dave Moser, 01/20/2014]
May 28, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- 16 Windmills, Montague, Texas
- Mount Rush Hour, Houston, Texas
- Cadillac RV Park, Amarillo, Texas
- Terry Tunes, Yard Artist, Liberty Hill, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Reptile Gardens, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Dania Beach Wild Monkeys at Motel 6, Dania Beach, Florida
- Abandoned Town of Cisco, Cisco, Utah
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Route 66 Monument, Tucumcari, New Mexico