Glen Rose, Texas: Petrified Wood Speakeasy Ruins
Skeletal brick and petrified wood wall remains of a Prohibition era speak-easy (though it had a longer career as a gas station) locally called "Sycamore Grove." Glen Rose was promoted as the "Petrified City" after a 1920s boom in petrified wood construction.
Visitor Tips and News About Petrified Wood Speakeasy Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Sycamore Grove - Petrified Wood Speakeasy
Old speak-easy constructed of petrified wood. Located near Hwy 144 & US 67 & Van Zandt Rd. N [Dave Moser, 01/20/2014]
August 31, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Pink Pig Smoker, Lake Dallas, Texas
- Isetta with Legs - Not VW Beetle, Stamford, Texas
- Branch Davidian Massacre Site, Waco, Texas
- Big Roadrunner, Lufkin, Texas
- Space Alien Pilot Buried Here, Aurora, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: JFK's World's Largest Ball of Twine, Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin
- Mystery Christmas Tree, Cordes Junction, Arizona
- Fort Fisher Hermit Bunker, Kure Beach, North Carolina
- Old Montana Prison, Deer Lodge, Montana
- Edison Tower, Edison, New Jersey