Milaca, Minnesota: Happy Chef and Giant Miller Beer BottleA rotund spoon-wielding mascot of the Happy Chef chain, kept company by a bottle of suds. Both seemed to have departed for other opportunities....
- US Hwy 169 ten miles north of Milaca and CR 19, near milepost 202, about 15 miles south of Mille Lacs Lake.
Visitor Tips and News About Happy Chef and Giant Miller Beer Bottle
These are no longer at the corner of 169 and CR 19. I'm pretty sure the Happy Chef is the same one that is now at 'A-Z' in Princeton. I have no idea where the beer bottle ended up.[Terri Meagher, 02/25/2013]
I have recently acquired a Happy Chef to go along with my giant Miller beer bottle . The Happy Chef was originally from St. Cloud, Minnesota. It stood on Roosevelt Ave. The building is still there, but is now a Nathan B's restaurant. The Miller beer bottle is from the actual Miller brewing company's display at the 1933 Worlds Fair in Chicago. The bottle is approximately 19' 4" tall and was made by a silo company. It has a wooden frame with tin on the outside. They will both be restored to as close to original as possible.[Steve Bilyeu, 08/04/2001]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- The Hairy Mosquito, Milaca, MN - 3 mi.
- Bull Statue (Gone), Onamia, MN - 12 mi.
- A-Z Happy Chef, Princeton, MN - 21 mi.
- In the region: Bench for "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Man, Excelsior, MN - 69 mi.