Brookdale, California: Haunted Brookdale Lodge - Closed
The mumbling you hear may be more than the stream running through the lodge's dining room. It may be ghosts!
- Brookdale Lodge. North of Santa Cruz on Hwy 9 in the center of Brookdale.
- June 2012: Reported closed since April 2012.
Haunted Brookdale Lodge
Visitor Tips and News About Haunted Brookdale Lodge - Closed
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Set under giant redwoods in the Santa Cruz Mountains, the Brookdale Lodge has a long history of entertaining celebrities, politicians and mobsters during the 1950s. Famous visitors include James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. One of the more unusual aspects of the lodge is the beautiful dining room with the natural brook running through it. Of course the reason why most people like to visit the lodge is for the rumors of ghosts. Witnesses have sworn to seeing the ghost of a little girl in a formal dress run through the lobby and then disappear into thin air. Other folks have claimed to hear strange voices in empty rooms - such as the Mermaid Room where you can spy on swimmers from an aquarium view of the pool.
[Bonnie Burton, 08/29/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 26, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Dee Dee Ramone's Grave, Hollywood, California
- Safari Inn - Movie Motel, Burbank, California
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
- Statues of Dinosaurs and Monsters, Borrego Springs, California
- Feature: Crockett History: Sugar, Sturgeon, Switchboard, Crockett, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips