Crystal Lake, Iowa: Fish - World's Largest Bullhead
12 feet long and elevated atop a pile of rocks. The sign notes that the immense fish is a "Bullhead!" Worthy of an exclamation point.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
World's Largest Bullhead
Visitor Tips and News About Fish - World's Largest Bullhead
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This was a fun attraction and well worth the short detour.
Home of the World's Largest Bullhead
It's just a great big bullhead down by the lake. Worth the drive if you are in the area. Makes a great Christmas Photo.
[Bill Diesslin, 04/09/2008]
Fish - "World's Largest Bullhead"
The sign in front of the statue claims that this is the world's largest bullhead. It is about 12' long and 4' high. The statue is painted green and yellow and not your typical bullhead colors of brown and yellow. As anyone would know who has ever fished an Iowa lake, you usually catch about a 30 of these bottom dwellers in a day. They are fun to catch as a kid; but not the tastiest fish in the water.
[Shane Delaney, 10/04/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 13, 2013
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Birthplace of John Wayne, Winterset, Iowa
- Volkswagen Beetle Spider, Avoca, Iowa
- Three Large Arrows in the Ground, Palo, Iowa
- Large Indoor Rocking Chair, West Amana, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pollinatarium: Bees and Bats, Urbana, Illinois
- Medical Exhibit of Yesteryear, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips