Wahiawa, Oahu, Hawaii: World's Largest Hedge Maze
Part of The Dole Plantation, one of Hawaii's linchpin tourist traps. Large gift shop, every food and snack permutation of pineapple in the galaxy.
World's Largest Hedge Maze
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Hedge Maze
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Dole Plantation is Hawaii's most outstanding tacky tourist trap. The location used to be only a store for selling pineapples and other Dole-related paraphernalia to hapless tourists that thought they would be touring a pineapple plantation, but in 1999 Dole added a hedge maze made from Hawaiian plants. They claim that the maze is the world's largest maze as recognized by the 2001 Guinness Book of World Records. Unfortunately, when I visited it, which was when Central Oahu was experiencing an unusually dry spell, the maze did not look green or vibrant.
[George Bendo, 09/30/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 21, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- Duke Kahanamoku Statue, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- The Stupid Factory, Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
- Robert Duvall's Surfboard from Apocalypse Now, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Hand Carved Statues, Old Hawaiian Village, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Tiny Church, Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips