Wahiawa, Oahu, Hawaii: World's Largest Hedge Maze
Part of The Dole Plantation, one of Hawaii's linchpin tourist traps. Large gift shop, every food and snack permutation of pineapple in the galaxy.
World's Largest Hedge Maze
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Hedge Maze
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Dole Plantation is Hawaii's most outstanding tacky tourist trap. The location used to be only a store for selling pineapples and other Dole-related paraphernalia to hapless tourists that thought they would be touring a pineapple plantation, but in 1999 Dole added a hedge maze made from Hawaiian plants. They claim that the maze is the world's largest maze as recognized by the 2001 Guinness Book of World Records. Unfortunately, when I visited it, which was when Central Oahu was experiencing an unusually dry spell, the maze did not look green or vibrant.
[George Bendo, 09/30/2001]
September 24, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Hawaii Latest Tips and Stories
- Human Sacrifice Temple - Holo-holo-Ku Heiau, Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii
- Duke Kahanamoku Statue, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- The Stupid Factory, Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
- Robert Duvall's Surfboard from Apocalypse Now, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
- Hand Carved Statues, Old Hawaiian Village, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pinkerton Hot Springs, Durango, Colorado
- Ghost Fleet of Navy Ships, Bremerton, Washington
- Moai Dude: Laid-Back Easter Island Head, Altoona, Iowa
- Old Mobil Gas Station, Bunker Hill, Kansas
- Montezuma Castle Indian Ruins, Camp Verde, Arizona