Silver Creek, New York: "Dolly Dimples" Waitress Statue
Big-headed statue with a cheery smile welcomes all to a local candy store.
Results 1 to 4 of 4...
Visitor Tips and News About "Dolly Dimples" Waitress Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Dolly Dimples has been at her home for so long that it seems her feet are sunk into the pavement or they have just paved over them because they were unable to move her. The store is quite the treasure -- several great items in and around the store to see.
[Sherri Denning, 11/08/2009]
Bulbous-headed Waitress Statue
I saw an article on you guys in the Kansas City Star and thought of a giant I've passed countless times in Silver Creek, New York. It's not the giant Indian, but a waitress. She stands in front of Valvo's Candies (great homemade candy!).
[Shea Brazill, 07/04/2006]
Dolly Dimples (The Bulbous-headed Waitress)
We saw the bulbous headed waitress on roadsideamerica.com and decided to have a look at it, as it was on our road trip route. She is outside Valvo's candy store. We asked the cashier in the store about her and she said her name was Dolly Dimples and that she had been there for as long as she could remember.
Bulbous-headed Waitress statue
I don't know if this qualifies as a true roadside attraction, but she sure is ugly! I think she's about 12 feet tall. This giant waitress is located on Route 5 in western NY state, between Dunkirk and Buffalo; I believe it's in Silver Creek. She is in front of a candy store.
[Connie Schulze, 10/11/2001]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Big Indian: Muffler Man 2, Irving, NY - 4 mi.
- Indian Chief, Irving, NY - 4 mi.
- Giant Indian Head: Ong-Gwe-Ohn-Weh, Dunkirk, NY - 11 mi.
- In the region: Grave of Laura Secord, the Paul Revere of Canada, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada - 37 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 5, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Hippie Muffler Man, Bethel, New York
- Bicycle Fence and Yard Stuff, Palmyra, New York
- Apollo 13 Towing Invoice, Garden City, New York
- Grate Sound Art - Times Square, New York, New York
- Cradle of Aviation Museum, Garden City, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
- Site of World's First Radio Telescope, Wheaton, Illinois
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips