Redondo Beach, California: Foliage Hair Statue
Before Chia Pets, there was Joe Oliveri hair design, creators of the foliage 'fro on a large head. The plantings on the head are now artificial...
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Foliage Hair Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Not as well landscaped as the earlier tip photo, but still there nonetheless. It would be interesting to see it rockin' a modern hairstyle, like a faux-hawk. A fun and an easy stop on the way to the beach.
[Kellie Parker, 12/27/2005]
Before Chia Pets ... Joe Oliveri hair design
For 40 years (predating chia pets), this upscale hair design studio has had the ultimate image attraction for its craft, a 13 foot high, artfully sculpted head that has the hair shaped in foliage. The brainstorm of the owner, internationally known Joe Oliveri, it often stops traffic and is a photo op for many passersby. It attracts people who appreciate creativity in hair design, which is the service that is provided by the chic location.
[joe oliveri, 12/24/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 25, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: SS Red Oak Victory Ship, Richmond, California
- Feature: Rosie the Riveter Visitor Center, Richmond, California
- Muffler Man, Mecca, California
- Big Rocket Engine, Canoga Park, California
- Alien Fresh Jerky, Baker, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Virgin Mary Mosaic, San Antonio, Texas
- Large Metal Glasses, Taos, New Mexico
- Cottonwood Madonna - Virgin of the Tree, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Voodoo Doughnut, Eugene, Oregon
- Black Bear Inn Bear Statue, Dubois, Wyoming
Latest Visitor Tips