Wichita, Kansas: Giant Creatures Rolling Hay
Sculpted by Wichita native Tom Otterness, "Makin' Hay" is three goofy-looking 18-foot-tall creatures in a field of grass, busily rolling up round bales of hay. Unveiled in 2015.
- Mike Oatman Drive, Wichita, KS
- Wichita State University. From E. 21st St. N. turn south onto campus at Mike Oatman Drive. The sculptures are on the south side of Mike Oatman Drive, opposite the entrance to the baseball stadium.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Creatures Rolling Hay
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant Creatures Rolling Hay
Great fun! You can walk up and get close to them. Across from the football stadium -- I parked in the parking lot -- but imagine you would want to avoid if there was a game. Get there before dark, as it is not lighted and will be hard to see. [Joannah Soderborg, 08/03/2016]
March 29, 2017
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bowl Plaza: America's Most Artistic Giant Toilet, Lucas, Kansas
- Feature: Political Art of M.T. Liggett, Mullinville, Kansas
- Kansas State Hospital Cemetery, Osawatomie, Kansas
- Ornate Box Turtle Capital in Caldwell, Caldwell, Kansas
- Truckhenge, Topeka, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- Beale Street Barber Shop, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois