The last place in America where you can be truly free, according to its off-the-grid inhabitants.
- Low Rd, Niland, CA
- From Niland drive east on Main St. Cross the train tracks and continue east on paved Beal Rd. Drive past Salvation Mountain, then turn right onto unpaved Low Rd. This takes you into the heart of Slab City.
- Free for everyone.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Slab City
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Next to Salvation Mountain. The last free-for-all in the USA. An amazing place full of amazing characters. [Micko, 10/05/2015]
May 23, 2017
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Dearly Departed Tours and Museum, Los Angeles, California
- Venice Beach Freakshow, Venice, California
- World Famous Grandfather Tree, Piercy, California
- Exotic World, Helendale, California
- Feature: Muffler Man, Compton, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pumpkin Fantasy Land, Ligonier, Indiana
- Big Red the Ox, Bozeman, Montana
- Bronze Statue of Chef Boyardee, Omaha, Nebraska
- NYC Skyline with Ironworkers, Williamsville, New York
- Iron Island Museum, Buffalo, New York