Wichita, Kansas: Boy and the Boot Statue
A mysterious statue of a lad holding aloft a boot, meant to leak continuously in a fountain. Once stood in Riverside Park, but has been moved indoors for safekeeping and your scrutiny.
Sedgwick County Historic Museum
- 204 S. Main St., Wichita, KS
- Sedgwick County Historic Museum. I-135 exit 5B. Head toward downtown on US Hwy 54. Slight left onto Kellogg Ave., right into Broadway St., left onto William St. to the Old Court House.
Boy With a Boot
Visitor Tips and News About Boy and the Boot Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a historical museum in what once was the City Hall. The museum features a lot of neat stuff, such as one of a series of old automobiles once built in Wichita, called "The Jones Six." It sort of resembles an old Model "T." Also, there is a "Boy With a Boot" statue/fountain inside the museum, which once stood in Wichita's Riverside Park.
Faces carved in stone, near the building's entrances resemble a fellow who was mayor when the City Hall was built in the 1880s.
[Don Fraysier, 02/24/1999]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Geographic Center of the 48 states, Lebanon, Kansas
- Dennis Hopper's Muffler Men, Dodge City, Kansas
- Mini Statue of Liberty, Gaylord, Kansas
- Humerus Osteopathic Statue, Topeka, Kansas
- Fifty-Foot-Tall Concrete Teepee, Lawrence, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Large Bald Eagle, Park Falls, Wisconsin
- Halfway Between Equator and North Pole, Cadott, Wisconsin
- Wienerlicious Giant Hot Dog, Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Sit with Shark Girl, Buffalo, New York
- Pioneer Pete the Rooster, Lincoln, Nebraska
Latest Visitor Tips