Wichita, Kansas: World's First Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut was invented by two Wichita State University graduates, and their first Hut has been moved onto the campus as a shrine to free enterprise. The 1-story brick structure looks nothing like its successful progeny.
Wichita State University
- Perimeter Rd, Wichita, KS
- I-135 exit 8. Drive east on 13th St. for one mile. Left onto Hillside St. for one-half mile, then right onto 17th St. In five blocks, turn left onto the Wichita State University campus at Harvard St., then quickly bear right onto Perimeter Rd. The brick Pizza Hut will be on your right as the road turns to the left.
First Pizza Hut
Visitor Tips and News About World's First Pizza Hut
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The first Pizza Hut was originally located at Kellogg and Bluff, in Wichita. However, when Kellogg began being expanded to become a bonafide freeway, the building was moved to the campus of Wichita State University. It seems that the two guys who started Pizza Hut were once business majors at WSU.
[Don Fraysier, 11/01/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 24, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Lighted Cross, Wilson, Kansas
- Prairie Dog Town, Oakley, Kansas
- Christmas City of the High Plains, Wakeeney, Kansas
- Bed and Toothbrush of Pope John Paul II, Kansas City, Kansas
- World's Largest Ball of Twine, Cawker City, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips