Wichita, Kansas: World's First Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut was invented by two Wichita State University graduates, and their first Hut has been moved onto the campus as a shrine to free enterprise. The 1-story brick structure looks nothing like its successful progeny.
Wichita State University
- Perimeter Rd, Wichita, KS
- I-135 exit 8. Drive east on 13th St. for one mile. Left onto Hillside St. for one-half mile, then right onto 17th St. In five blocks, turn left onto the Wichita State University campus at Harvard St., then quickly bear right onto Perimeter Rd. The brick Pizza Hut will be on your right as the road turns to the left.
First Pizza Hut
Visitor Tips and News About World's First Pizza Hut
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The first Pizza Hut was originally located at Kellogg and Bluff, in Wichita. However, when Kellogg began being expanded to become a bonafide freeway, the building was moved to the campus of Wichita State University. It seems that the two guys who started Pizza Hut were once business majors at WSU.
[Don Fraysier, 11/01/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
February 27, 2015
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Birthplace of Home On The Range, Athol, Kansas
- Giant Dragon and Other Farm Equipment Creatures, Lincoln, Kansas
- Suitcase Tombstone of a Traveling Salesman, Lincoln, Kansas
- Giant Steam Shovel, Crawford County Historical Museum, Pittsburg, Kansas
- Tow Mater from the Movie "Cars", Galena, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Convict Cowboy!, McAlester, Oklahoma
- Longhorn Barrel Head, Okemah, Oklahoma
- The Surviving Mother: A Sad Mom-ument, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Man with Shoe in Mouth, Kansas City, Missouri
- Big Bovine of the Desert, Amargosa, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips