Wichita, Kansas: Steampunk Folk Artist in a Subdivision
Gary Pendergrass is a retired home-remodeler who became fascinated with Steampunk in 2012. His suburban yard is filled with his retro-sci-fi creations, made with whatever he has on hand. Neighbors seem okay with it.
- W. 17th St. N., Wichita, KS
- Northwest side of the city. From N. West St. turn east onto W. 17th St. N. Drive 1.5 blocks. You'll see the house on the right. Private property; please be respectful.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Steampunk Folk Artist in a Subdivision
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Steampunk Folk Artist in a Subdivision
Very cool -- take time to look at all of the details. I heard from a neighbor that sometimes the artist works in his studio during the day. Best to visit when it's light outside. [Joannah Soderborg, 08/03/2016]
March 29, 2017
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bowl Plaza: America's Most Artistic Giant Toilet, Lucas, Kansas
- Feature: Political Art of M.T. Liggett, Mullinville, Kansas
- Kansas State Hospital Cemetery, Osawatomie, Kansas
- Ornate Box Turtle Capital in Caldwell, Caldwell, Kansas
- Truckhenge, Topeka, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California
- Uniroyal Gal, Livingston, Illinois