Silver Plume, Colorado: Silver Plume Jail
An old and tiny Wild West jail. Look through the barred door, then get back on the road.
- Main St., Silver Plume, CO
- On the north side of Main St., just west of its intersection with Garfield St.
Visitor Tips and News About Silver Plume Jail
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Silver Plume Jail
The hand-painted sign over the door says that the jail was built in 1875 and used until 1915. One of its prisoners was Jack McDonald, a Scots-Irish miner and previous owner of the 7:30 Mine. [Lindsay Poma, 03/04/2016]
March 26, 2017
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Cannibal: Alferd Packer Grave, Littleton, Colorado
- Chainsaw Art, Niwot, Colorado
- Shelby Collection, Boulder, Colorado
- Redstone Coke Ovens, Redstone, Colorado
- Mile Marker 419.99, Stratton, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Confederate Flag and Memorial Plaza, Trimble, Tennessee
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia