Hartford, Connecticut: Museum of Natural and Other Curiosities
RoadsideAmerica.com Team Field Report
Old State House
- 800 Main St., Hartford, CT
- I-84 East exit 50, Main Street exit. At second light turn right onto Main Street, then immediately turn left onto Talcott Street. At the second light, turn right onto Columbus Boulevard. At the second light, turn right onto State Street. At the first light, take the center lane, bearing slightly left onto Central Row.
- Tu-F 11 am - 5 pm, Sa 10 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
- Admission. Free under age 6 and CT Historical Society Members.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Recreated Museum of Curiosities Adds Two-Headed Piglet
Visitor Tips and News About Museum of Natural and Other Curiosities
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A two-headed piglet in a jar has been donated to Joseph Steward's Hartford Museum in Connecticut. The piglet joins a two-headed calf and other oddities there, part of an effort to reconstruct Steward's 1797 museum of "natural and artificial curiosities.... [02/08/1998] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 26, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Connecticut Latest Tips and Stories
- Sparky the Firehouse Dog Rock, Montville, Connecticut
- St. Edmund's Severed Arm, Mystic, Connecticut
- Elvis Shrine Inside Trophy Business Showroom, Hartford, Connecticut
- Holy Land USA, Waterbury, Connecticut
- Christmas House, Torrington, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips