Midlothian, Illinois: Sonny Bono's Bobcat Vest (Gone)
Made of bobcat fur, donated by Sonny himself -- probably after he joined the Establishment.
- On Hwy 83/147th St. two blocks east of Hwy 50/Cicero Ave.
- Reported gone since 2001.
Sonny Bono Immortalized in Groovy Illinois Nightclub
Visitor Tips and News About Sonny Bono's Bobcat Vest
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
An old friend of the late Sonny Bono reports that hundreds are making the pilgrimage to see Sonny's bobcat fur vest at Groovy, a 1970s-themed nightclub in Palatine, IL. Joseph Bortz, Groovy's owner, was given the vest by Bono as a gesture of support when the club opened.... [02/08/1998] Complete News Story
October 23, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Touch A Piece Of The First Nuclear Reactor, Lemont, Illinois
- Shawnee Forest Bigfoot, Herod, Illinois
- Feature: Historic Museum of Torture Devices, Alton, Illinois
- Wind Farm Lookout Platform, Ellsworth, Illinois
- World's Largest Wind Chime, Casey, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Sexting Statue, Bucyrus, Kansas
- Waylon Jennings Museum and Drive-Thru Liquor Store, Littlefield, Texas
- Town Named Goobertown, Goobertown, Arkansas
- World's Largest Rocking Chair - Big John, Franklin, Indiana
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan