Midlothian, Illinois: Sonny Bono's Bobcat Vest (Gone)
Made of bobcat fur, donated by Sonny himself -- probably after he joined the Establishment.
- On Hwy 83/147th St. two blocks east of Hwy 50/Cicero Ave.
- Reported gone since 2001.
Sonny Bono Immortalized in Groovy Illinois Nightclub
Visitor Tips and News About Sonny Bono's Bobcat Vest
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
An old friend of the late Sonny Bono reports that hundreds are making the pilgrimage to see Sonny's bobcat fur vest at Groovy, a 1970s-themed nightclub in Palatine, IL. Joseph Bortz, Groovy's owner, was given the vest by Bono as a gesture of support when the club opened.... [02/08/1998] Complete News Story
May 30, 2016
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Hala-Kahiki Tiki Bar, River Grove, Illinois
- Darth Naper, Naperville, Illinois
- Woolly Mammoth: Curiosity Cabinet, Chicago, Illinois
- Big Bronze Roadrunner, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- Octave Chanute Air Museum, Rantoul, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Official Back Porch Ronald Reagan, Annapolis, Maryland
- Ghost Town Beehive Kilns: Frisco, Beaver County, Utah
- Two-Story Outhouse Possibly Used by Lincoln, Janesville, Wisconsin
- One Man, Two Headstones, Samaria, Idaho
- Feature: Rudolph Grotto and Wonder Cave, Rudolph, Wisconsin