Midlothian, Illinois: Sonny Bono's Bobcat Vest (Gone)
Made of bobcat fur, donated by Sonny himself -- probably after he joined the Establishment.
- On Hwy 83/147th St. two blocks east of Hwy 50/Cicero Ave.
- Reported gone since 2001.
Sonny Bono Immortalized in Groovy Illinois Nightclub
Visitor Tips and News About Sonny Bono's Bobcat Vest
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
An old friend of the late Sonny Bono reports that hundreds are making the pilgrimage to see Sonny's bobcat fur vest at Groovy, a 1970s-themed nightclub in Palatine, IL. Joseph Bortz, Groovy's owner, was given the vest by Bono as a gesture of support when the club opened.... [02/08/1998] Complete News Story
March 30, 2017
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois
- Uniroyal Gal, Livingston, Illinois
- Lincoln Log Cabin, Lerna, Illinois
- Hill Street Blues Police Station, Chicago, Illinois
- World's Largest Wooden Shoes, Casey, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia
- World's Tallest Our Lady of Guadalupe, Windsor, Ohio