Midlothian, Illinois: Sonny Bono's Bobcat Vest (Gone)
Made of bobcat fur, donated by Sonny himself -- probably after he joined the Establishment.
- On Hwy 83/147th St. two blocks east of Hwy 50/Cicero Ave.
- Reported gone since 2001.
Sonny Bono Immortalized in Groovy Illinois Nightclub
Visitor Tips and News About Sonny Bono's Bobcat Vest
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
An old friend of the late Sonny Bono reports that hundreds are making the pilgrimage to see Sonny's bobcat fur vest at Groovy, a 1970s-themed nightclub in Palatine, IL. Joseph Bortz, Groovy's owner, was given the vest by Bono as a gesture of support when the club opened.... [02/08/1998] Complete News Story
February 24, 2017
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Mug Tree, Yale, Illinois
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Nine-Foot-Tall Guitar-Playing Elvis, Braidwood, Illinois
- Gold Pyramid House, Wadsworth, Illinois
- Mastodon Slide, Aurora, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Superstition Mountain Museum, Apache Junction, Arizona
- 80-Foot-Tall Tin Soldier, Waco, Texas
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre House, Granger, Texas
- America's Largest Pyramid, Memphis, Tennessee
- Stand on Three States: Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Sulphur Springs, Arkansas