Crockett, Texas: Lightnin' Hopkins Statue
Bronze statue of guitar playing Sam John Hopkins, AKA Lightnin' Hopkins, country blues musician and singer-songwriter. His birthplace is 30 miles west in Centerville.
Visitor Tips and News About Lightnin' Hopkins Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Lightnin' Hopkins Statue
Be sure to check out the historic musicians mural. With the remnants of the old juke joint nearby, you can feel the good times had on this street. [Jan, 02/15/2017]
February 23, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Town With Unusual Name, Uncertain, Texas
- Seminole Indian Scout Cemetery, Bracketville, Texas
- Tiny Triangle Building, Seabrook, Texas
- Lightnin' Hopkins Statue, Crockett, Texas
- Metal Dice And Mural, Decatur, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California