Ruidoso, New Mexico: X Files Props in Quirky Fox Cave Museum
Odd collection includes Marie Antoinette's crown; items from the Titanic, Elvis, and Marilyn Monroe; Wild West memorabilia; and an "Alien Encounter" section. Out front are carved statues of Billy the Kid and a space alien.
Fox Caves (formerly Ruidoso River Museum)
- 101 Mechem Drive, Ruidoso, NM
- Ruidoso River Museum. Just north of downtown. On the west side of Hwy 48/Mechem Drive just north of its intersection with Hwy 48/Sudderth Drive.
- Th-M 10-5 (Call to verify)
- Adults $5.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About X Files Props in Quirky Fox Cave Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Fox Cave Museums
They have done a lot of work -- Fox Cave now has a museum that consists of five buildings. Three have great artifacts and historical items, and two buildings are fun things like animatronic dinosaurs and aliens.
Lots of photo ops out front, with everything from the Cowboy Muffler Man to dinosaurs and giant arms. The gift shop is great and the museum is only $5 for adults (military, law enforcement and firefighters are free). Super fun and the man who runs it is hilarious. [Charisse, 04/15/2017]
April 23, 2017
New Mexico Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: White Sands: Alien Dunescape, Alamogordo, New Mexico
- Fox Cave Museums, Glencoe, New Mexico
- New Mexico's Electric Chair, Springer, New Mexico
- Brontosaurus Family, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Recycled Roadrunner, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Mummified Human Arm, Norwich, Connecticut
- Big Soup Can, Eastland, Texas
- Mural: John Lennon, Al Capone, Marilyn Monroe, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Wreckage Of The USS Inaugural, St. Louis, Missouri
- Large Eyeglasses, Louisville, Kentucky