New Orleans, Louisiana: Eerie Deepwater Horizon Memorial
Eleven lifelike men made of thousands of rusty welded steel disks stand in a circle in a street median. They're unidentified, but this is the memorial to the eleven oil workers who died when the Deepwater Horizon drilling platform blew up in April 2010.
- Elysian Fields Ave., New Orleans, LA
- Just east of the French Quarter. In the median of Elysian Fields Ave., just north of its intersection with Dauphine St.
Visitor Tips and News About Eerie Deepwater Horizon Memorial
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Eerie Deepwater Horizon Memorial
Nice dedication of "Eleven," a memorial to the victims of the Deepwater Horizon drilling platform calamity of 2010. [Jen Meredith, 02/28/2017]
April 23, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Live Tiger - Tiger Truck Stop, Grosse Tete, Louisiana
- Old State Leprosarium Museum, Carville, Louisiana
- Indoor Volcano Show Gone, Bossier City, Louisiana
- Fisherman's Castle on Irish Bayou, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Eerie Deepwater Horizon Memorial, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Mummified Human Arm, Norwich, Connecticut
- Big Soup Can, Eastland, Texas
- Mural: John Lennon, Al Capone, Marilyn Monroe, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Wreckage Of The USS Inaugural, St. Louis, Missouri
- Feature: White Sands: Alien Dunescape, Alamogordo, New Mexico