Wheeler, Texas: Moon Astronaut Statue
Bronze statue of hometown hero Alan Bean, the 4th man on the moon. Depicted on tiptoe in an anonymous moon suit as he skipped across the lunar surface. Unveiled by Bean on Sep. 16, 2016.
- US Hwy 83, Wheeler, TX
- North edge of town, on the west side of US Hwy 83, in front of West-Passons Post #138, and just south of the high school football field.
Visitor Tips and News About Moon Astronaut Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Moon Astronaut Alan Bean.
Further than I thought it would be. Somewhat of a letdown unless you're just really into astronauts. [Annakate, 01/03/2017]
March 30, 2017
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Bat Tornado at Dusk, Fredericksburg, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Eiffel Tower With Big Cowboy Hat, Paris, Texas
- American Freedom Museum, Bullard, Texas
- Paisano Pete, Fort Stockton, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lovers Oak, Brunswick, Georgia
- World's Tallest Hatteras Tribute Lighthouse, East Lake, North Carolina
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- Beale Street Barber Shop, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida