Wheeler, Texas: Moon Astronaut Statue
Bronze statue of hometown hero Alan Bean, the 4th man on the moon. Depicted on tiptoe in an anonymous moon suit as he skipped across the lunar surface. Unveiled by Bean on Sep. 16, 2016.
- US Hwy 83, Wheeler, TX
- North edge of town, on the west side of US Hwy 83, in front of West-Passons Post #138, and just south of the high school football field.
Visitor Tips and News About Moon Astronaut Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Moon Astronaut Alan Bean.
Further than I thought it would be. Somewhat of a letdown unless you're just really into astronauts. [Annakate, 01/03/2017]
May 22, 2017
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Quirky Store, Cowboy on Jackrabbit, Austin, Texas
- Veterans Memorial - Action Soldier Poses, College Station, Texas
- Dan Blocker Memorial - Hoss's Head, O'Donnell, Texas
- Starship Pegasus, Italy, Texas
- Treaty Oak, Austin, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- A-7 Corsair II Aircraft, Cullom, Illinois
- Oxley, Metal Ox, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Ashes of First Cremated American, Washington, Pennsylvania
- Trolley Graveyard, Windber, Pennsylvania
- Feature: Stumpy's Hatchet House, Eatontown, New Jersey