Stockton, California: Miracle Scented Virgin Mary
The Lady of the Mystical Rose statue at St. George's Church is claimed to have miraculous healing powers (demonstrated when it was in the Philippines). When the statue arrived here in 1999, it attracted many seeking its curative effects, hoping to catch a whiff of its mysterious flower odor.
St. George's Church
- 120 W. 5th St., Stockton, CA
- East of I-5 West 8th St. exit, left on Commerce St. to 5th St., church on left.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Miracle Scented Virgin Mary
Visitor Tips and News About Miracle Scented Virgin Mary
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The statue is on the left side of the church as you enter. I asked a few parishioners who were standing outside about the statue'a miracle healing powers and they had no idea what I was talking about. I didn't smell any special scent either. [Kim Wheeler, 03/31/2013]
Sweet smelling miracle Mary statue
A Virgin Mary statue at Saint George's Cathedral, Stockton, CA, is claimed to have miraculous healing powers. It also emits mysterious flower smells.... [05/08/1999] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 22, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Space Station Museum - Moon Holiday, Novato, California
- Wave Organ, San Francisco, California
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Donut - Dunkin Donuts, Long Beach, California
- Giant Gas Guy, Hayward, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Machine Gun America, Kissimmee, Florida
- Feature: Church With a Rock In It, Mentone, Alabama
- Architectural DNA, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- U.S. Arsenal Ghost Tower, Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Eat BBQ in a Bus Station, Columbus, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips