Clay Township, Michigan: Water Tank Lighthouse
Built in 1925, an upscale subdivision had its water tank disguised as a lighthouse.
- 6503 Dyke Rd, Clay Township, MI
- I-94 exit 247. Drive southeast on Hwy 19 for 2.5 miles. Turn left at the stoplight onto Main St./Hwy 29. Follow Hwy 29 for eight miles to the lighthouse on the right.
Visitor Tips and News About Water Tank Lighthouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Water Tank Disguised as Lighthouse
Built in 1925, this tower was once used as a water tank for a subdivision named "The Colony." [Diane M, 12/31/2016]
May 22, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- The Tridge - 3-Way Bridge, Midland, Michigan
- Hiawatha, World's Largest Indian, Ironwood, Michigan
- Deer Ranch, St. Ignace, Michigan
- New Era Potato Chip Silo, Portland, Michigan
- Wooden Observation Tower and Teepee, St. Ignace, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Iron Island Museum, Buffalo, New York
- A-7 Corsair II Aircraft, Cullom, Illinois
- Oxley, Metal Ox, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Ashes of First Cremated American, Washington, Pennsylvania
- Trolley Graveyard, Windber, Pennsylvania