Pierre, South Dakota: Really Small Schoolhouse
Built in 1881, it's the size of a single-car garage. Stands by itself in a park, which makes it look even smaller.
- W. Dakota Ave., Pierre, SD
- Just east of the Missouri River and south of US Hwy 14. On the west side of W. Dakota Ave. at its intersection with James St.
Visitor Tips and News About Really Small Schoolhouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Really Small Schoolhouse
The first school in Pierre was a tiny 14x20 building built in 1881. It's kept in good repair, and has been moved to Steamboat Park. [Ronnie, 01/14/2017]
March 28, 2017
South Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man - Mr. Bendo, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- 50-Foot-Tall Indian Woman, Chamberlain, South Dakota
- Wayward State Line Monument, Pierre, South Dakota
- Golden Lady: a Mom-ument, Pierre, South Dakota
- Really Small Schoolhouse, Pierre, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California
- Uniroyal Gal, Livingston, Illinois
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia