Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Hitler's Staff Car
One of only seven made. Occupies a prominent position on the second floor of the Canadian War Museum. The most popular exhibit at the museum since 1970.
- 1 Vimy Pl., Ottawa, ON, Canada
- At the Canadian War Museum. Take Hwy 417 into Ottawa, then take exit 121A. Drive north on Bronson Ave./Hwy 79 for a half-mile, then turn left onto Somerset St./Hwy 36. Drive five blocks. Turn right onto Booth St. Drive another half-mile and you'll see the museum all by itself on the left. Turn left at the stoplight just past the museum to go the parking garage.
- Daily 9:30-6, fewer hours and days off-season (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Hitler Car to fuel museum
Visitor Tips and News About Hitler's Staff Car
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A vintage Hitler's staff car -- a 20-foot long Mercedes-Benz limo -- may be sold to help fund construction of a new war museum in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The museum has owned it since 1970, but never found a proper place for it in their collection, since it didn't seem to have much of anything to do with the Canadian war effort.... [02/06/2000] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Death Jacket of General Brock, Ottawa, ON, Canada - < 1 mi.
- Creepy Giant Spider, Ottawa, ON, Canada - 1 mi.
- Stainless Steel Atlas Rocket, Ottawa, ON, Canada - 5 mi.
- In the region: Eisenhower Lock - Watch Tankers, Massena, NY - 52 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 10, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Ontario Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Criminals Hall Of Fame Wax Museum, Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Statue of Molly Wood, Canada's Gay Pioneer, Toronto, Ontario
- Feature: Upside Down House, Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Stainless Steel Atlas Rocket, Ottawa, Ontario
- The Little House, Toronto, Ontario
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Marker to Dead Confederate Tree, South Richmond, Virginia
- Feature: The Wooldridge Monuments, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Graffiti Bridge, Pensacola, Florida
- Babe the Muffler Man, San Jose, California
- Olympic Torch Tower, Atlanta, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips