Davis, California: Colorful Humanoid
An eight-foot-tall ceramic humanoid, collaboratively covered with colorful bric-a-brac, and wearing what appears to be a hypno-wheel bra, stands on a downtown sidewalk.
- Fourth St., Davis, CA
- Downtown. On the south side of Fourth St. just west of its intersection with G St.
Visitor Tips and News About Colorful Humanoid
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Collaboration (A Statue)
This wild statue is shaped like a tall person and made of many different materials. It stands on the corner of 4th and G in downtown Davis (and looks a little like the Volm from Falling Skies). There isn't a plaque nearby to explain it, but I read on the web that it was a protest sculpture by the Ceramics College Students of California. [Marc, 02/16/2017]
February 23, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California
- Bubble Gum Alley, San Luis Obispo, California
- General Sherman: World's Largest (not Tallest) Tree, Sequoia National Park, California
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
- Collaboration (A Statue), Davis, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- World's Largest Claw Machine, Dayton, Ohio