Leominster, Massachusetts: Birthplace of Johnny Appleseed
He was born in a house, not an orchard. The house is long gone, but a concrete marker shows where the green-thumbed, cooking-pot-hatted proto-hippie spent his early years.
- Johnny Appleseed Lane, Leominster, MA
- I-190 to exit 8B. East on Hwy 2 quickly to exit 34. West on Mechanic St. for one mile, then south on Johnny Appleseed Lane about a third of a mile. On the left.
Johnny Appleseed's house
Visitor Tips and News About Birthplace of Johnny Appleseed
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Did you know about Johnny Appleseed's house? Well it's just a stone marker now located in Leominster, off Rt 2.
October 25, 2016
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Propane Tank Caterpillar, Westport, Massachusetts
- UFO Close Encounter Monument, Sheffield, Massachusetts
- Big Man - Muffler Man, Hancock, Massachusetts
- Victorian House Grave, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Golden Teapot - Clobbered!, Boston, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri