Wickliffe, Kentucky: Giant Cross
95 feet tall and made of metal, perched on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River. It reminds river boaters just whose religion is in charge on the Kentucky side.
- Cs-1016, Wickliffe, KY
- South of town about a mile on US 51/62, on the right.
- Lit at night.
Cross to be lit by state funds
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Cross
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
State legislators have been criticized for trying to sneak $50,000 into their budget to light a giant Christian cross in Wickliffe, KY. The 95-foot metal cross, near the confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio rivers, was erected last year with $250,000 in private donations.... [04/30/2000] Complete News Story
May 24, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Wigwam Village Motel No. 2, Cave City, Kentucky
- World's Largest Bat - The Vampire Kind, Louisville, Kentucky
- Duncan Hines was a Real Man, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Huge Mortar and Pestle, Lexington, Kentucky
- Big Mike's: Mystery House, Rocks, and Big Mo, Cave City, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lost in Space Robot, Titusville, Florida
- Cursed Pyramid Ruins, Needmore, Indiana
- Purple Cow Head, Dooms, Virginia
- Partridge Family Bus Replica, Ashland, New York
- Freedom Rock, Menlo, Iowa