Wickliffe, Kentucky: Giant Cross
95 feet tall and made of metal, perched on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River. It reminds river boaters just whose religion is in charge on the Kentucky side.
- Cs-1016, Wickliffe, KY
- South of town about a mile on US 51/62, on the right.
- Lit at night.
Cross to be lit by state funds
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Cross
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
State legislators have been criticized for trying to sneak $50,000 into their budget to light a giant Christian cross in Wickliffe, KY. The 95-foot metal cross, near the confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio rivers, was erected last year with $250,000 in private donations.... [04/30/2000] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Tiny Church, Bardwell, KY - 7 mi.
- Boomland, Charleston, MO - 15 mi.
- Grave of a Building, Paducah, KY - 25 mi.
- Pig Car, Alien Car, Jingle Jugs Truck, McClure, IL - 32 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Cow Statue, Guthrie, Kentucky
- Pink Elephant, Guthrie, Kentucky
- Big Red - Bronze Monster Mascot, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Dixie Cup Water Tower, Lexington, Kentucky
- Marker: Death by UFO?, Franklin, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips