Mattapoisett, Massachusetts: Giant Seahorse
Multicolored and about 20 feet tall, the statue after the adjacent gift shop and home were demolished. The land (and landmark) was donated to the town by one of its residents. Salty restored in 2000 and the park includes a playground, gazebo and nature walk.
- North St., Mattapoisett, MA
- East edge of town, south side of US Hwy 6. At the Intersection of North St. and County Rd along the road at the corner of a tiny park.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Seahorse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There's a tall faded seahorse statue along the highway right when you turn into town.
You pass a giant seahorse on Route 6. An odd, faded bluish-green with some pink and yellow thrown in, it surveys the center of town.
[Beth Maynard, 06/23/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 14, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Birthplace of the Gerrymander, Boston, Massachusetts
- Miniature Pooh Stump House, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- The Notorious Turtle Boy, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Tuft's Larger Than Life Teddy, Boston, Massachusetts
- Baldwin Apple Monument, Wilmington, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Huey Long Death Gun, Speechifying Statue, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long Shot Here: See the Bullet Hole, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long's Towering Tombstone, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Frank's Hog Stand, Inside a Pig, San Antonio, Texas
- Triceratops, Wenatchee, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips