Hollywood, Florida: Native Village: Gator Wrestling
Low-tech, Old Florida attraction with the best in-your-face gator wrestling we've seen.
Seminole Indian Reservation
- 3551 N. State Rd 7, Hollywood, FL
- Seminole Indian Reservation. I-595 exit 8B. South on Hwy 441 for 2.5 miles. On the northbound side, just south of Stirling Rd (Hwy 848).
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
The Native Village
Visitor Tips and News About Native Village: Gator Wrestling
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Native Village is reopened! The sons of original owner Skeet Johns and the famous "Cobra Kid" David Weathers (from Jackass and Wildboys) are some of the new owners. It's getting a face lift, and is actively looking for donations to restore it back to the life it had.
[Vincent Prestigiacomo, 11/14/2010]
Seminole Tribe recruiting gator wrestlers
The Seminole Indian Tribe based in Okalee Village, Hollywood, FL, is running wanted ads for "Alligator Wrestlers." According to an Associated Press report, the tribe needs brave new workers to replace tribal locals, who have fled to mostly white collar positions outside the reptile pool. The Okalee Village and Museum still features daily wrestling shows.
... [10/01/2000] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 5, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Car Stuck on Side of Building, Miami, Florida
- Hobby Horse House, Matlacha, Florida
- Austin's Smokin' Butt Hut - Pig, Fountain, Florida
- Austin's Smokin' Butt Hut, Fountain, Florida
- Splendid China Miniatures, Apopka, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Coffinwood, Pahrump, Nevada
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
- Site of World's First Radio Telescope, Wheaton, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips