Salisbury Beach, Massachusetts: Eerie Boardwalk Town"At least four fried dough establishments."
- Ocean Front S., Salisbury Beach, MA
- Northeast corner of the state. Take Hwy 1A into town.
Visitor Tips and News About Eerie Boardwalk Town
Very crowded beach, arcades not that good, but reasonably priced parking. Traffic in and out can be horrible at peak times.[Nathin, 07/21/2010]
I live in what is probably one of the last truly eerie boardwalk-type towns in New England -- Salisbury Beach. There is a defunct putt putt golf course with the ugliest pink whale you have ever seen in it, an arcade with frighteningly leering clown heads over the door, a resident palmist/psychic, at least four fried dough establishments, one beach bar with a fake Rottweiler accompanied by a fire plug in the window and another bar that boasts "bad food, warm beer, lousy service"... it is no wonder that everyone is going to Hampton Beach for the summer now. I am not sure I need to be going anywhere to look at oddities when they are living in the alley behind my house.[Caroline Abreu, 11/09/1998]
Keansburg, NJ, is just as creepy in the off season...
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Giant Pirate, Hampton, NH - 4 mi.
- Hotel with Fake Lighthouse, Hampton, NH - 6 mi.
- Thorvald's Rock, Hampton, NH - 7 mi.
- In the region: Skull of Phineas Gage and the Rod That Passed Through It, Boston, MA - 38 mi.