Willits, California: Muffler Man
Classic towering fiberglass statue made in the 1960s to promote roadside businesses. He holds a Willits branding iron.
Willits Rodeo Grounds
- 390 E. Commercial St., Willits, CA
- South side of E. Commercial St., across from the Mendicino County Historical Museum, set back from the street, next to the bleachers at the Willits Rodeo Grounds.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 4 of 4...
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Man
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Another view of the refurbished Muffler Man of Willits. Note that his belt buckle depicts the famous race horse Seabiscuit, who retired and was put out to stud at Ridgewood Ranch near Willits.
[Alan H. Haeberle, 07/09/2007]
The Muffler Man in Willits is alive and well. He still resides at the Willits Rodeo Grounds - the site of the annual Frontier Days Rodeo celebration. He looks like he's been painted/restored since the photo you have was taken.
[Christy Collins, 01/12/2007]
He's on Commercial St., east of highway 101, across from the Mendicino County Historical Museum. He lives on the rodeo grounds. It looks like they have something called 'Willits Frontier Days' on the grounds.
He appears to be a standard configuration. He's wearing a cowboy hat and holding a branding iron with a 'W' on the end. He's locked up behind a fence about 20-30 yards from the road.
[Curt Elsbernd, 11/25/1998]
We have a muffler man/cowboy gracing the entrance to the city rodeo grounds here. He can be seen any day hanging out on Commercial Street, off Highway 101, across from the library.
[Scott Ferleman, 01/02/1997]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 23, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: San Francisco Dungeon, San Francisco, California
- Bar Covered with Pennies - Penny Bar, McKittrick, California
- Top Gun House, Oceanside, California
- Granite Sculpture of Lake Tahoe, Kings Beach, California
- Westernmost 9/11 Flight 93 Memorial, Union City, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips