Portland, Oregon: Volcano in City LimitsMore of a pleasant hilltop than a belching howitzer of Hell.
- Tabor Summit Dr., Portland, OR
- On the east side of downtown. Take Hawthorne Blvd east to 60th (there's a T-intersection at 55th, go to the right to continue on Hawthorne). Turn left on 60th, go 3 blocks to Salmon, turn right and this leads you right to the top.
- Varies, and the gate to the summit is closed to cars (but not people) at times. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Volcano in City Limits
Regarding your comment about Mt. Tabor being the only volcano within city limits in the US. What about volcanoes in Hawaii?[Shay Fritz, 06/03/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Mike's Museum of Motion Picture History, Portland, OR - 1 mi.
- Joan of Arc, Portland, OR - 2 mi.
- Strip Club Shaped like a Jug, Portland, OR - 2 mi.
- Wendy the Welder - Striding Cubist Lady Worker Statue, Vancouver, WA - 7 mi.