Portland, Oregon: Volcano in City Limits
More of a pleasant hilltop than a belching howitzer of Hell.
- Tabor Summit Dr., Portland, OR
- On the east side of downtown. Take Hawthorne Blvd east to 60th (there's a T-intersection at 55th, go to the right to continue on Hawthorne). Turn left on 60th, go 3 blocks to Salmon, turn right and this leads you right to the top.
- Varies, and the gate to the summit is closed to cars (but not people) at times. (Call to verify)
Volcano in City Limits
Visitor Tips and News About Volcano in City Limits
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Regarding your comment about Mt. Tabor being the only volcano within city limits in the US. What about volcanoes in Hawaii?
[Shay Fritz, 06/03/2009]
February 24, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oregon Latest Tips and Stories
- Sit with Rosa Parks, Eugene, Oregon
- Willamette Meteorite Replica, Eugene, Oregon
- Feature: Prehistoric Gardens, Port Orford, Oregon
- Oregon Shelled by the Japanese, Warrenton, Oregon
- Feature: Samurai Sword of Pilot Who Bombed Oregon, Brookings, Oregon
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California