Great Falls, Montana: Largest Model Airplane Collection in the WorldThousands of models fill glass cases in the Great Falls airport terminal.
Great Falls International Airport
- Terminal Drive, Great Falls, MT
- In the terminal at Great Falls International Airport, three miles southwest of town. I-15 exit 277.
Visitor Tips and News About Largest Model Airplane Collection in the World
Having just flown to Great Falls from Savannah, I was sitting in the Great Falls terminal waiting for the rest of my team to show up. I fired up the laptop, surfed to Roadside America to see if there was anything in Great Falls, and saw the World's Largest Model Airplane Collection entry. When I looked up I realized I was sitting about three feet away from one of the three large model display cases so I grabbed my camera. And there you go.[Chuck Walden, 12/08/2005]
In the upstairs terminal of the Great Falls International Airport there is what is claimed to be the Largest Model Airplane Collection in the World. Unfortunately I did not have a pen handy to write down the details but it was originally a private collection that was donated to the airport and all planes had been decorated to look like an airline (current and those just now a memory) from around the world. Thus we get to see the Pan Am's next to United Airlines, TAA next to Qantas and Air Transkei amongst the other African Airlines.
For added bonus, the terminal also includes an enormous stuffed fearsome looking Grizzly Bear.[Zane Whitehorn, 02/03/2002]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Hill 57, Great Falls, MT - 3 mi.
- The Sip 'n Dip Lounge: Mermaids!, Great Falls, MT - 3 mi.
- Lee Steen's Tree People, Great Falls, MT - 4 mi.
- In the region: Monument to World's Greatest Girls Basketball Team of 1904, Fort Shaw, MT - 22 mi.