Gallup, New Mexico: Muffler Man - "Dude Man"
Fiberglass statue on the roof of a used car dealership. Wears a cowboy hat.
John's Used Cars
- 416 W. Coal Ave., Gallup, NM
- John's Used Cars. On the northeast corner of W. Coal Ave. and S. 5th St. I-40 exit 20, drive south to Hwy 66, and turn left. Drive to 5th St. and turn right. The Muffler Man is one block south, on the left.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Muffler Man - Dude Man
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Man - "Dude Man"
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Dude Man is still here! We were happy to see that his hands are still in the appropriate muffler-holding position. [April N, 09/30/2013]
Gallup "Dude Man"
The Gallup "Dude Man" is alive and well. I guess not technically alive, but certainly well. [David Pike, 05/11/2013]
Gallup "Dude Man"
I saw a muffler man in Gallup, New Mexico about two years ago. He can be seen from the main street going thru town (approximately 1/2 block from the main street). I'm from San Francisco so I can't give you any more details on the Gallup Tire Guy but I can tell you he bears a suspicious resemblance to the Tire Guy who use to be on Mission St. in SF until the late 70's.
[Philip Michelson, 07/28/1997]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 20, 2014
New Mexico Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man - Bunyan Mutant, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Shidoni - Statue Bronze Pouring, Tesuque, New Mexico
- Giant Molecule, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- The Very Large Array, Socorro, New Mexico
- Air Duct Man, Alamogordo, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips