Andover, Kansas: Tornado Victims Monument
The killer twister of 1991 is remembered with a flag and plaque on the spot where the inevitable trailer park once stood.
- N. Andover Rd, Andover, KS
- I-35 exit 57. Drive west on 21st St. to Andover Rd, then south. On the east side of N. Andover Rd, between Central Ave. and Kellogg St./US Hwy 54/400, near 1st St.
Tornado (not Vornado) Victims Monument
Visitor Tips and News About Tornado Victims Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I noticed someone commenting about the fan museum here in Andover. It's part of Vornado, the fan manufacturer, who located a plant here about five years ago. There's no connection to the 1991 Andover tornado. There is a memorial to the tornado victims at the trailer park where most of the Andover victims died. It consists of three flagpoles (American flag, state flag, & none right now flying on #3) and a plaque with the names of those who died.
[Robert Collins, 11/15/2000]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Fire Hydrant Garden, Topeka, Kansas
- Tow Mater's New Neighbors, Galena, Kansas
- All Veterans Memorial, Emporia, Kansas
- Giant Coca-Cola Can, Emporia, Kansas
- 1,260 Lb. Salt Block and Discovery Well, South Hutchinson, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips