Atlanta, Michigan: Shoe Tree
A solitary tree, which a lot of folks evidently felt should be decorated. With their shoes.
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Going down m-32 to Alpena, Michigan, my husband and I saw a lone tree on the side of the road... approximately 80 pairs of shoes (everything from children's bunny slippers to hockey skates!) were hanging in the tree. We had never seen anything like this before!
[A. Russell, 05/03/2002]
March 26, 2017
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Wooden Observation Tower and Teepee, St. Ignace, Michigan
- High and Dry 45th Parallel Marker, Suttons Bay, Michigan
- Park of Transplanted Bridges, Battle Creek, Michigan
- Water Tank Disguised as Lighthouse, Clay Township, Michigan
- National Coney Island Horn, Roseville, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia
- Manis Mastodon, Sequim, Washington