Kansas City, Kansas: Downtown Burial Mound
A Native American ancestral grave site, left in place as the streets bend around it. No sense adding "vengeful wrath of Indian dead" to a city's infrastructure worries.
Huron Indian Cemetery
Visitor Tips and News About Downtown Burial Mound
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Indian burial ground in the center of city. The burial mound stood in the way of proposed widening of the main street, Minnesota Ave. so a deviation was made in the street. Bounded by the School Board Bldg., Huron Office Bldg. and Scottish Rite Temple.
[Gayle Roberts-Stewart, 05/12/2002]
March 27, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bowl Plaza: America's Most Artistic Giant Toilet, Lucas, Kansas
- Feature: Political Art of M.T. Liggett, Mullinville, Kansas
- Kansas State Hospital Cemetery, Osawatomie, Kansas
- Ornate Box Turtle Capital in Caldwell, Caldwell, Kansas
- Truckhenge, Topeka, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Beale Street Barber Shop, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California