Cheshire, Ohio: Toxic TownPurchased by the American Electric Power company so that it can evict its homeowners and wipe the place off of the Ohio map.
- Hwy 7, Cheshire, OH
- Hwy 7, eight miles north of the US 35 bridge into West Virginia. The heart of town is the intersection of Hwys 7 and 554, just north of the stinky power plant.
Visitor Tips and News About Toxic Town
Very creepy drive-through near Gallipolis and Point Pleasant. Small, abandoned houses and a general atmosphere of dinginess and doom. Kyger Creek power plant's imposing smokestacks provide an ominous backdrop.[Kitsa, 06/27/2012]
We are excited to announce the newest addition to the Roadside America Toxic Town Tour. Joining Times Beach, MO; Love Canal, NY; Hanford, WA; and everyone's favorite, Centralia, PA; is Cheshire, OH, which has been purchased by the American Electric Power company so that it can evict its homeowners and wipe the place off of the Ohio map.... [05/19/2002] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Horse: West Virginia State Farm Museum, Point Pleasant, WV - 2 mi.
- Silver Bridge Disaster Eye-Bar, Gallipolis, OH - 6 mi.
- Silver Bridge Disaster Memorial, Point Pleasant, WV - 7 mi.
- In the region: Leo Petroglyphs, Ray, OH - 34 mi.