Cheshire, Ohio: Toxic Town
Purchased by the American Electric Power company so that it can evict its homeowners and wipe the place off of the Ohio map.
- Hwy 7, Cheshire, OH
- Hwy 7, eight miles north of the US 35 bridge into West Virginia. The heart of town is the intersection of Hwys 7 and 554, just north of the stinky power plant.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Toxic Town
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Very creepy drive-through near Gallipolis and Point Pleasant. Small, abandoned houses and a general atmosphere of dinginess and doom. Kyger Creek power plant's imposing smokestacks provide an ominous backdrop.
Power Plant Buys Town, Evicts Residents
We are excited to announce the newest addition to the Roadside America Toxic Town Tour. Joining Times Beach, MO; Love Canal, NY; Hanford, WA; and everyone's favorite, Centralia, PA; is Cheshire, OH, which has been purchased by the American Electric Power company so that it can evict its homeowners and wipe the place off of the Ohio map.
... [05/19/2002] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 12, 2013
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- Texaco Big Friend - Waving Variant, Oakwood Village, Ohio
- Feature: Kennedy Assassination Air Force One, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
- Dr. John Harris Dental Museum, Bainbridge, Ohio
- Big Cowboy, Columbus, Ohio
- Ohio Fallen Heroes Memorial, Sunbury, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pollinatarium: Bees and Bats, Urbana, Illinois
- Medical Exhibit of Yesteryear, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips