Hancock, Maine: Large Fiberglass Lobster
A statue prominently placed to attract Route 1 travelers. Red and shiny, as if it had just been boiled in a big pot.
- 792 US Hwy 1, Hancock, ME
- On the north side of US 1, just east of its intersection with Hwy 182, in front of a seafood restaurant.
- Visible seasonally.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Large Fiberglass Lobster
Visitor Tips and News About Large Fiberglass Lobster
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Wilbur has been refreshed. He has been painted, the base has been painted blue and he is now perched behind a lobster boat.
[Jane Rohan, 07/13/2012]
Big Fiberglass Lobster
The big lobster still provides photo opportunities in Hancock.
[Darrell Hensdale, 09/15/2009]
20-ft. Fiberglass Lobster
You really should consider the 20-ft. fiberglass lobster ("Wilbur," I think) happily sending his fellow lobsters to the dinner plate. This lovely roadside work of art is located in Hancock, Maine, near the junction of Rt. 182 and US 1, at the Tideway Motel/Ruth and Wimpy's Kitchen. It has been in town as long as I can remember and has always struck me as pretty insane. It will probably be wrapped in tarps until at least Memorial Day.
[Mary Mattila, 04/12/1997]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- The Great Maine Lumberjack Show, Trenton, Maine
- Elmer's Barn of Junk and Dead Things, Coopers Mills, Maine
- Ray Murphy's Chainsaw Show, Hancock, Maine
- Wedding Cake House, Kennebunk, Maine
- Pickering Square Squeak, Bangor, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Virgin Mary Mosaic, San Antonio, Texas
- Large Metal Glasses, Taos, New Mexico
- Cottonwood Madonna - Virgin of the Tree, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Voodoo Doughnut, Eugene, Oregon
- Black Bear Inn Bear Statue, Dubois, Wyoming
Latest Visitor Tips