Pittsburg, Texas: Giant Bo Pilgrim Head
- 4845 Hwy. 271 N, Pittsburg, TX
- From Pittsburg, take Highway 271 north approx. 6 miles and the head is on the left hand (west) side of the road, right in front of the 4 story freezer/distribution facility, not too far south of I-30. Across the road from Pilgrim's Pride World Headquarters Park.
- Always visible. To approach, sign in with security. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- The Best
Mesmerizing immense bust pays tribute to a devout Texas chicken baron Bo Pilgrim, who employed this town with his poultry business. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Giant Bo Pilgrim Head: Pilgrim's Pride is moving. Pilgrim's Head is not. That's the news from Pittsburg, Texas, where Pilgrim's Pride (the chicken company) is packing its corporate headquarters and moving it to Colorado. [05/18/2010] Complete Story...
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Bo Pilgrim Head
From the Giant Bo Pilgrim Head, drive the short two miles or so into town in order to visit the beautiful chapel and bell tower donated by Pilgrim Chicken. It is right off Main Street and is open to all 24/7. Beautiful structure.[John, 12/10/2010]
You do need to sign in with factory security before they'll let you near the giant Bo Pilgrim head. They must get tourists often though, because it wasn't a problem.[Laura, 12/04/2009]
Here is a photo of the statue. Looks a bit depressed, doesn't he?[Jennifer George, 05/06/2006]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Full-size Replica Ezekiel Airship, Pittsburg, TX - 5 mi.
- Ezekiel Airship - Bible First in Powered Flight, Pittsburg, TX - 5 mi.
- America's Only Public Bathrooms with See-Thru Walls, Sulphur Springs, TX - 37 mi.
- World's Richest Acre, Kilgore, TX - 47 mi.