Calumet, Michigan: The Snow Stick
A towering roadside "snow thermometer" that keeps track of how many, many feet of the white stuff falls each winter in Calumet.
Snow Thermometer Park
- US Hwy 41, Calumet, MI
- Snow Thermometer Park. US Hwy 41 about three miles north of Mohawk.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About The Snow Stick
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We had the pleasure of seeing the huge Snow Stick on one of the warmest weekends of the year - July 4! In addition to the cool park behind the "Stick," the thoughts of the 390 inches of snow helped to cool us off. In Snow Thermometer Park, US 41 four miles north of Mohawk, which is a small town north of the village of Calumet.
When in the area, be sure to visit the Poorrock Abbey jam shop in Eagle Harbor and pick up some delicious, unusual jam.
[John Holmes, 09/08/2008]
Snow Gauge aka Snow Stick
North of Calumet, the Snow Gauge, aka the Snow Stick, measures the snow fall each year, over 30 feet! Once you visit that, keep going on the highway up to Copper Harbor and check out Brockway Mountain Drive -- it's beautiful! Last time we took that drive we saw a black bear and several deer, so drive slowly.
[Jessica Jamison, 07/22/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Statue of Pope John Paul II, Hamtramck, Michigan
- World's Oldest and Least Flattering McKinley Statue, Muskegon, Michigan
- Old Mission Lighthouse Rock Cairns, Traverse City, Michigan
- Wienerlicious Giant Hot Dog, Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Glass-Bottom Pull-it-Yourself Raft, Manistique, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips