Dexter City, Ohio: Johnny Appleseed Memorial
A pile of rocks and a plaque dedicated to the fruit booster tramp.
Visitor Tips and News About Johnny Appleseed Memorial
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Johnny Appleseed Memorial
This photo is of a memorial to Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman, 1774-1845). The memorial is made from rocks donated from people all along the route that Johnny passed over. It reads: "Without a hope of recompense, without a thought of pride. John Chapman planted apple trees and preached, and lived and died."
[Mike Austing, 07/22/2002]
May 30, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- U.S. Grant's Boyhood Home, Georgetown, Ohio
- Mr. Dynamite: James Brown Mural, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Pencil Sharpener Museum, Logan, Ohio
- World's Largest Geodesic Structure, Novelty, Ohio
- The Troll Hole: World's Largest Troll Collection, Alliance, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Official Back Porch Ronald Reagan, Annapolis, Maryland
- Ghost Town Beehive Kilns: Frisco, Beaver County, Utah
- Two-Story Outhouse Possibly Used by Lincoln, Janesville, Wisconsin
- One Man, Two Headstones, Samaria, Idaho
- Feature: Rudolph Grotto and Wonder Cave, Rudolph, Wisconsin