Dexter City, Ohio: Johnny Appleseed Memorial
A pile of rocks and a plaque dedicated to the fruit booster tramp.
Visitor Tips and News About Johnny Appleseed Memorial
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Johnny Appleseed Memorial
This photo is of a memorial to Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman, 1774-1845). The memorial is made from rocks donated from people all along the route that Johnny passed over. It reads: "Without a hope of recompense, without a thought of pride. John Chapman planted apple trees and preached, and lived and died."
[Mike Austing, 07/22/2002]
May 28, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- Fierce Lake Erie Shark, Port Clinton, Ohio
- Walleye Capital of the World, Port Clinton, Ohio
- Prehistoric Forest and Mystery Hill, Marblehead, Ohio
- Concrete Front Yard Rhino, Zanesville, Ohio
- Watch House and Circle Mound, Dublin, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hay Bale Dress Up, Berryville, Virginia
- 36-Foot-Tall Statues Of The Beatles, Houston, Texas
- Giant Chair, Berryville, Virginia
- Renaissance-Lover's Castle, Arrington, Tennessee
- Carmen Miranda Zebra, Austin, Texas