Cedar Rapids, Iowa: Logo Tree of the CityA 60-foot-tall stainless steel tree is the city's logo. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time.
River Bank Park
- 1st Ave. E., Cedar Rapids, IA
- River Bank Park. At 1st Ave. and 1st St. NE. East bank of the Cedar River between the 1st Ave. bridge and the 5 and 1 dam.
Visitor Tips and News About Logo Tree of the City
The 60 foot tall stainless steel tree is located in downtown Cedar Rapids. The tree is fashioned as a large scale version of Cedar Rapids' city logo. The city's slogan is "The city of five seasons." The tree's base is on a stone terrace that overlooks the Cedar River.[Bob Peterson, 10/20/2006]
A 60 foot stainless steel tree on bank of river. This tree is for "Cedar Rapids, the city of five seasons."[Marshal Bill Halday, 07/23/2002]
It is a modern art 3D sculpture.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- American Gothic Barn, Mt. Vernon, IA - 10 mi.
- World's Largest Wooden Nickel, Iowa City, IA - 21 mi.
- The Black Angel, Iowa City, IA - 23 mi.
- In the region: World's Second Largest Collection of Salt and Pepper Shakers, Traer, IA - 44 mi.