Cheticamp, Nova Scotia, Canada: Joe's Scarecrows
A field of scarecrows in Halloween masks, arranged in lines and circles. This attraction may have been disassembled after the creator's death in 2011.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Joe's Scarecrows
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Joe's scarecrows are no longer there. He died last year and the wife dug them all up. But a few were tranplanted to an ice cream stand south of Cheticamp, just north of the post office, and north of Ole Joe's place.
[joe houten, 09/05/2012]
Scarecrows galore. Must see, just because it's so random and sweet. On the west side of Cape Breton Island along Cabot Trail.
This is definitely unlike any other attraction we have ever seen. Dozens of scarecrows with Halloween masks for faces and dressed in various outfits stand in semicircles next to a small shop near Cheticamp in Acadia, Nova Scotia. Each scarecrow bears an index card with the scarecrow's description. Truly memorable and more than a bit disconcerting - a wonderful combination.
[Andy Jones, 08/10/2002]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 22, 2014
Nova Scotia Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Mastodon, Stewiacke, Nova Scotia
- Giant Hammock, Seabright, Nova Scotia
- Giant Fiddle, Sydney, Nova Scotia
- World's Largest Fiddle, Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Joe's Scarecrows, Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Animals, Cowboys, and More, Alamo, California
- Fat Smitty's, Port Townsend, Washington
- Bandy's Troll Haven, Sequim, Washington
- Paul Bunyan and Babe Statue, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Museum of Creativity, Clawson, Utah
Latest Visitor Tips