Cheticamp, Nova Scotia, Canada: Joe's Scarecrows
A field of scarecrows in Halloween masks, arranged in lines and circles. This attraction may have been disassembled after the creator's death in 2011.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Joe's Scarecrows
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Joe's scarecrows are no longer there. He died last year and the wife dug them all up. But a few were tranplanted to an ice cream stand south of Cheticamp, just north of the post office, and north of Ole Joe's place.
[joe houten, 09/05/2012]
Scarecrows galore. Must see, just because it's so random and sweet. On the west side of Cape Breton Island along Cabot Trail.
This is definitely unlike any other attraction we have ever seen. Dozens of scarecrows with Halloween masks for faces and dressed in various outfits stand in semicircles next to a small shop near Cheticamp in Acadia, Nova Scotia. Each scarecrow bears an index card with the scarecrow's description. Truly memorable and more than a bit disconcerting - a wonderful combination.
[Andy Jones, 08/10/2002]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 30, 2014
Nova Scotia Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Fiddle, Sydney, Nova Scotia
- World's Largest Fiddle, Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Joe's Scarecrows, Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
- Theodore the Tugboat, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Simpson's House, Whycocomagh, Nova Scotia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Large Bald Eagle, Park Falls, Wisconsin
- Halfway Between Equator and North Pole, Cadott, Wisconsin
- Wienerlicious Giant Hot Dog, Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Sit with Shark Girl, Buffalo, New York
- Pioneer Pete the Rooster, Lincoln, Nebraska
Latest Visitor Tips