Kerkhoven, Minnesota - Singing Highway
Visitor Tips and News About Singing Highway
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a peculiar stretch of road Just west of the town of Kerkhoven, MN on Highway 12 about half way between Kerkhoven, MN, and Pennock MN. There seems to have been a road surface test area there many many years ago. If you travel over this area the "tire sound" you hear in your car changes pitch five times and sounds as though it is singing. My wife is from the area. We always listen for the singing as we travel to and from willmar MN.
[Brad Graber, 08/18/2002]
- Half way between Kerkhoven MN and Pennock MN.
July 4, 2015
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota
- The Naniboujou Painted Lodge, Grand Marais, Minnesota
- Dala Horse, Mora, Minnesota
- World's Largest Floating Loon, Virginia, Minnesota
- Pizza Sphinx, Pequot Lakes, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Hubbard Tower, Montpelier, Vermont