Kerkhoven, Minnesota - Singing Highway
Visitor Tips and News About Singing Highway
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a peculiar stretch of road Just west of the town of Kerkhoven, MN on Highway 12 about half way between Kerkhoven, MN, and Pennock MN. There seems to have been a road surface test area there many many years ago. If you travel over this area the "tire sound" you hear in your car changes pitch five times and sounds as though it is singing. My wife is from the area. We always listen for the singing as we travel to and from willmar MN.
[Brad Graber, 08/18/2002]
- Half way between Kerkhoven MN and Pennock MN.
October 28, 2016
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Bird of Goodwill, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Richard Sears Memorial Park, Redwood falls, Minnesota
- Eastbound: The Golden Stripe, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Big Peace Pipe, Pipestone, Minnesota
- Dala Horse, Mora, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sharlie, Twilight Dragon of Payette Lake, McCall, Idaho
- Mac-A-Cheek Castle, West Liberty, Ohio
- Giant Coke Bottle, Bruceville, Indiana
- Giant Bottle of Vess, St. Louis, Missouri
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas