Onsted, Michigan: Mystery Hill
A strange vortex where gravity goes haywire and tennis balls roll uphill.
- 7611 US Hwy 12, Onsted, MI
- Across from the entrance to Hayes State Park. On the south side of US Hwy 12; turn south at the sign onto Boardman Drive.
- Summer W-Su 11 am - 11 pm, weekends May & Sep. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Mystery Hill
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Mystery Hill is another Mystery Spot where gravity is defied and water runs uphill. It's been there since at least the 1950's...
[Ed Gallagher, 05/29/2006]
Mystery Hill, Bunyan, Covered Wagon
Besides Prehistoric Forest, which was sold, but has remained in operation, is "Mystery Hill" about a half mile east of Prehistoric Forest on U.S. 12; a Paul Bunyan statue at Stagecoach Stop U.S.A., a wild west theme park a couple of miles further east; a derby-wearing cow on top of the Golden Nugget Saloon, across the road from Paul Bunyan; President Eisenhower's official Presidential train car at Stagecoach Stop; a very unique Catholic Shrine at St. Joseph Catholic Church, west on U.S. 12. This shrine was built of concrete resembling wood, stone, rope, thatch and other natural materials. It was built by mexican artisans during the thirties. Also nearby are the twin "Irish Hills Towers" a pair of observation towers at the highest point in the Irish Hills. There is also a neat little drive-in that is now closed, but it is still standing: "The Sauk Trail Chuckwagon". This is built to look like a covered wagon. The Irish Hills are located about sixty miles west of Detroit on U.S. 12 on the way to Chicago.
[Rob Burg, 04/05/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 18, 2014
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Allegan County Old Jail Museum, Allegan, Michigan
- Big Steer and Cool Moose, Almont, Michigan
- Detroit Chimera Graffiti Mural, Detroit, Michigan
- Pioneer Mother: a Mom-ument, Clare, Michigan
- Statue of Pope John Paul II, Hamtramck, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips