St. Ignace, Michigan: Deer Ranch, Leaping Deer StatueThe Ranch has been open since 1950, its sign calling attention to its "white" whitetails. The big, leaping fiberglass deer appears to be a later addition.
- W1540 US Hwy. 2 W, St. Ignace, MI
- I-75 exit 344, then west on US Hwy 2 for a couple of miles. North side of the road.
- 9 am - 8 pm (Call to verify)
- $5 to pet the live deer.
Visitor Tips and News About Deer Ranch, Leaping Deer Statue
Outside the Deer Ranch on US 2 is a giant deer jumping over a log. This is just east of the Mystery Spot and a few miles outside of downtown St. Ignace. The deer itself sits out front and is freely accessible, but to go into the Ranch itself and pet the real ones, you'll have to pay.[Kait, 06/10/2012]
North of St. Ignace, after the bridge aways heading up towards Munising, is a place called the Deer Ranch. It is marked by a giant statue of a deer jumping over a pile of logs. here you can pay to feed several variety of deer kept in large wooded pens. Gift Shop as well.[Pippi, 05/17/1998]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Mystery Spot, St. Ignace, MI - < 1 mi.
- Indian Village, St. Ignace, MI - 4 mi.
- America Moose, St. Ignace, MI - 4 mi.
- In the region: Model of Iroquois Point Lighthouse and Ore Freighter, Bay Mills, MI - 41 mi.