St. Ignace, Michigan: Deer Ranch, Leaping Deer Statue
The Ranch has been open since 1950, its sign calling attention to its "white" whitetails. The big, leaping fiberglass deer appears to be a later addition.
- W1540 US Hwy. 2 W, St. Ignace, MI
- I-75 exit 344, then west on US Hwy 2 for a couple of miles. North side of the road.
- 9 am - 8 pm (Call to verify)
- $5 to pet the live deer.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Deer Ranch, Leaping Deer Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Outside the Deer Ranch on US 2 is a giant deer jumping over a log. This is just east of the Mystery Spot and a few miles outside of downtown St. Ignace. The deer itself sits out front and is freely accessible, but to go into the Ranch itself and pet the real ones, you'll have to pay.
North of St. Ignace, after the bridge aways heading up towards Munising, is a place called the Deer Ranch. It is marked by a giant statue of a deer jumping over a pile of logs. here you can pay to feed several variety of deer kept in large wooded pens. Gift Shop as well.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 29, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Birthplace of the Model T, Detroit, Michigan
- Gilmore Car Museum (and Barns), Hickory Corners, Michigan
- Rusty the Dog, Holland, Michigan
- Cell Block 7 Museum, Jackson, Michigan
- Good Shepherd Scenic Gardens, Mancelona, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips