Islamorada, Florida: Robbie's Tarpon FeedCreate your own fish feeding frenzy for just a couple of bucks.
- 77522 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL
- Robbie's Marina. Mile Marker 77.5, Islamorada, just over the Lignumvitae channel bridge, bay side. You'll see the big yellow "ROBBIE'S" sign to your right at the marina.
- 8 am - 6 pm. (Call to verify)
- Modest entry fee, bucket of bait fee.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Robbie's Tarpon Feed
Still fun. Feed the giant fish, not the sneaky pelicans. A man at the dock helps keep the pelicans away from the bait. $1 admission and $3 per bucket of fish.[John, 01/11/2013]
Robbie's Tarpon Feed is definitely worth a stop if you're in the Keys. Prices have gone up a tad since last report, but it's a good time.[Michelle, 11/01/2010]
The coolest place in the Keys! Hundreds of huge wild tarpon swimming around the docks! And you can buy a bucket of bait to feed them and watch them go crazy after the food![Kathy C., 06/16/2004]
Robbie's of Islamorada, a must for anyone visiting the Florida Keys. For one dollar, you walk out on the pier and feed the tarpon. Look for the pelican obsessed Australian sheperd; he leaps the boats in his ever unsuccessful quest to capture a pelican. A bucket of 10 or 12 bait fish to feed the dozens of 4 to 7 feet long tarpon costs 2 bucks and is well worth it.[Anna Richter, 01/04/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Motel Shark Catch, Islamorada, FL - 2 mi.
- Not Hemingway's Boat, Islamorada, FL - 4 mi.
- Wrong Way Hurricane Monument, Islamorada, FL - 4 mi.
- In the region: Southernmost Purple Martin House In The Continental USA, Florida City, FL - 41 mi.